PRINCE2- Directing a Project
The purpose of the directing a project process is to enable the project board to be accountable for the project's success by making key decisions and exercising overall control while delegating day-to-day management of the project to the project manager.
The objective of the directing a project process is to ensure that:
- there is authority to initiate the project
- there is authority to deliver the project's products
- management direction and control are provided throughout the project's life
- the project remains viable
- corporate, programme management or the customer has an interface to the project
- there is authority to close the project
- plans for realizing the post-project benefits are managed and reviewed.
The activities within the directing a project process are project board oriented and are to:
- authorize initiation
- authorize the project
- authorize a stage or exception plan
- give ad hoc direction
- authorize project closure