CBAP Course Contents
The Six knowledge areas covered in the training are:
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Elicitation and Collaboration
- Requirements Life Cycle Management
- Strategy Analysis
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition
- Solution Evaluation
The six knowledge areas consists of 30 logically related tasks. Each knowledge area has 4-6 tasks.
Professionals with CBAP business analyst certification will be able to stay relevant with rapid changes in the IT industry and competencies in all aspects of business analysis.
The CBAP exam consists of 120 multiple choice questions and must be completed within 3.5 hours. Formulated from the body of knowledge in the BABOK® Guide, exam questions are both scenario and case study-based.
It is a computer-based exam taken at a test center. To be admitted to the exam, your IIBA Profile Name must match your government identification. Find out more about your exam day here.
CBAP Eligibility requirements
Prerequisites for CBAP Certification
To earn the CBAP® certification, applicants must have:
- Minimum 7500 hours of BA work experience aligned with BABOK® Guide in the last 10 years
- Minimum 900 hours in four of the six knowledge areas
- Minimum 35 hours of Professional Development in the past four years
- Two references from a career manager, client or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) recipient
- Re-certification - Minimum 60 CDUs every 3 years and $120 for renewal
CBAP Examination Fee
First attempt (Application fee of $ 125 plus $325.00 USD for IIBA® members or $450.00 USD for non-members, plus GST/HST for Canadian residents)
Second attempt ($250.00 USD for IIBA® members or $375.00 USD for non-members, plus GST/HST for Canadian residents)