PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
Presently Companies are under increasing pressure to adapt to rapidly evolving market conditions. In order to stay competitive in todays VUCA world, they are increasingly turning to Agile project management methods. The Agile framework, with its short iterative ,inspect and adapt cycles and continuous evaluation, helps to create end products that are better suited to changing requirements, and keep customers happy with high value creation at every point. As project priorities, budgets and goals change, Agile methods help the team to stay on top of these changes and adapt their schedules and practices accordingly.
How Agile you can be on a project is like a spectrum, it is always a matter of degree. There is nothing such as an Agile or a non -agile project.
PMI - ACP Training Day wise contents
Key Deliverable of PMI-ACP Workshop
PMI - ACP Handbook
4 online sample question papers (consisting of hundreds of sample exam questions)
End to end support
- Domain I - Day 1 -Agile Principles and Mindset (16% of PMI-ACP® Exam questions)
- Explore, embrace, and apply agile principles and mindset within the context of the project team and organization.
- Domain II - Day 1- Value-driven Delivery (20% of PMI-ACP® Exam questions)
- Deliver valuable results by producing high-value increments for review, early and often, based on stakeholder priorities. Have the stakeholders provide feedback on these increments, and use this feedback to prioritize and improve future increments.
- Domain III - Day 2 - Stakeholder Engagement (17% of PMI-ACP® Exam questions)
- Engage current and future interested parties by building a trusting environment that aligns their needs and expectations and balances their requests with an understanding of the cost/effort involved. Promote participation and collaboration throughout the project life cycle and provide the tools for effective and informed decision making.
- Domain IV - Day 2 - Team Performance (16% of PMI-ACP® Exam questions)
- Create an environment of trust, learning, collaboration, and conflict resolution that promotes team self-organization, enhances relationships among team members, and cultivates a culture of high performance.
- Domain V - Day 2 - Adaptive Planning (12% of PMI-ACP® Exam questions
- Produce and maintain an evolving plan, from initiation to closure, based on goals, values, risks, constraints, stakeholder feedback, and review findings.
- Domain VI - Day 3 - Problem Detection and Resolution (10% of PMI-ACP® Exam questions)
- Continuously identify problems, impediments, and risks; prioritize and resolve in a timely manner; monitor and communicate the problem resolution status; and implement process improvements to prevent them from occurring again.
- Domain VII - Day 3 - Continuous Improvement (Product, Process, People) (9% of PMI-ACP® Exam questions)
- Continuously improve the quality, effectiveness, and value of the product, the process, and the team.
PMI ACP Eligibility
To apply for the PMI-ACP®, you need to meet the following requirements:
- General Project Experience
- Agile Project Experience
2000 hours of working on project teams within the last 5 years or having an active PMP/PgMP credential
1500 hours of working on Agile Project Teams or with Agile Methodologies, in addition to "General Project Experience" above
- Training in Agile Practices
21 contact hours earned in Agile Practices
PMI -ACP Certification Price - Member: US$435.00 ,Non-member: US$495.00
PMI ACP Exam Format
The PMI-ACP® Exam consists of 120 questions which can be categorized into seven domain (20 random questions (called as pre-test) from the 120 questions are not to be counted towards the final score)
All questions are multiple-choice questions with 1 correct answer from 4 choices
The PMI-ACP® Exam lasts for 3 hours
PMI ACP application Process
To apply for the PMI-ACP® Certification Exam:
Register and log in to PMI's Online System to get started.
A printable PMI-ACP application form is also available.
You can always refer the PMI-ACP Handbook for further information.
Please note that credential must be maintained in 3 year cycles, by adding 30 PDUs in agile project management per three year cycle.
Benefits of PMI-ACP® (Agile Certified Practitioner
The much sought-after PMI-ACP® (Agile Certified Practitioner) credential from PMI® , USA is a mother of all agile courses, It covers Agile skills, tools and techniques principles and practices in detail. With this training, you will be able to increase your professional versatility in project management tools and techniques, and learn best practices across different agile methodologies.
PM Expert's workshop in PMI-ACP® Certification Training will help you to implement Agile practices appropriate for your teams, and gain the skills and knowledge required to sit for the PMI-ACP® certification exam.