Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®)
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) was developed as a best practice guide on Programme Management. The guide comprises a set of Principles and a set of Processes for use when managing a programme. MSP is very flexible and designed to be adapted to meet the needs of local circumstances. MSP® represents a proven programme management good practice for the successful delivery of transformational change through the application of programme management. MSP defines programme management as "the action of carrying out the coordinated organization, direction and implementation of a dossier of projects and transformational activities to achieve outcomes and realize benefits of strategic importance to the business". MSP has been used and adopted within many organizations, both within public and private sectors.
- What is a programme and what is programme management?
- Which are the principles governing successful programme management?
- How to define the programme governance organization?
- Major roles in programme management
- Development of the programme vision and the programme blueprint
- How to engage the stakeholders in a programme environment?
- Programme planning and controlling, including linkages to project and transition planning
- Business case development and updating in a programme environment
- How to manage risks and issues during programme management
- The concept of quality in a programme and how it is different from a project context
- Transformational flow in a programme :
- Identifying a programme
- Defining the programme
- Delivering the capability and realizing the benefits
- Managing the tranches - as an overarching process
- Closing a programme
- How Programme office can enable successful programme management?
- Foundation and practitioner mock tests and examinations
- The course will have also discussion of case studies / quizzes and programme management templates to give a holistic overview to robust programme management.
- Appreciate the key differences between programme management vis-à-vis project managemen
- Understand how successful programme management enables achievement of corporate strategic objectives
- Understand the principles, processes and themes relevant for programme managemeGet insights into key concepts and artifacts like programme blueprint, programme business case, transition management, benefits realization and programme closur
- Enable individuals to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of Programme
- A globally recognized qualification
- Take Foundation and Practitioner certification examinations