PRINCE2 - Closing a Project
The purpose of the closing a project process is to provide a fixed point at which acceptance of the project's product is confirmed, and to recognize that objectives set out in the original PID have been achieved (or approved changes to the objectives have been achieved), or that the project has nothing more to contribute.
The objective of the closing a project process is to:
- verify user acceptance of the project's products
- ensure that the host site is able to support the products when the project is disbanded
- review the performance of the project against its baselines
- assess any benefits that have already been realized and update the benefits management approach to include any post-project benefit reviews
- ensure that provision has been made to address all open issues and risks, with follow-on action recommendations.
The activities within the closing a project process are project-manager-oriented and are to:
- prepare planned closure
- prepare premature closure
- hand over products
- evaluate the project
- recommend project closure.