pmp-project scope management
Project Scope Management includes the processes required to ensure that the project includes all the work required, and only the work required, to complete the project successfully. Managing the project scope is primarily concerned with defining and controlling what is and is not included in the project.
The six Project Scope Management processes are as follows:
- Plan Scope Management-The process of creating a scope management plan that documents how the project and product scope will be defined, validated, and controlled.
- Collect Requirements-The process of determining, documenting, and managing stakeholder needs and requirements to meet project objectives.
- Define Scope-The process of developing a detailed description of the project and product.
- Create WBS-The process of subdividing project deliverables and project work into smaller, more manageable components.
- Validate Scope-The process of formalizing acceptance of the completed project deliverables.
- Control Scope-The process of monitoring the status of the project and product scope and managing changes to the scope baseline.