pmp-project integration management
Project Integration Management includes the processes and activities to identify, define, combine, unify, and coordinate the various processes and project management activities within the Project Management Process Groups. In the project management context, integration includes characteristics of unification, consolidation, communication, and interrelationship. These actions should be applied from the start of the project through completion. Project Integration
Management includes making choices about:
- Resource allocation,
- Balancing competing demands,
- Examining any alternative approaches,
- Tailoring the processes to meet the project objectives, and
- Managing the interdependencies among the Project Management Knowledge Areas.
The seven Project Integration Management processes are as follows:
- Develop Project Charter-The process of developing a document that formally authorizes the existence of project and provides the project manager with the authority to apply organizational resources to project activities.
- Develop Project Management Plan-The process of defining, preparing, and coordinating all plan components and consolidating them into an integrated project management plan.
- Direct and Manage Project Work-The process of leading and performing the work defined in the project management plan and implementing approved changes to achieve the project's objectives.
- Manage Project Knowledge-The process of using existing knowledge and creating new knowledge to achieve the project's objectives and contribute to organizational learning.
- Monitor and Control Project Work-The process of tracking, reviewing, and reporting overall progress to meet the performance objectives defined in the project management plan.
- Perform Integrated Change Control-The process of reviewing all change requests; approving changes and managing changes to deliverables, organizational process assets, project documents, and the project management plan; and communicating the decisions.
- Close Project or Phase-The process of finalizing all activities for the project, phase, or contract.