PMI - ACP Certification Training Course Contents
- Explore, embrace, and apply agile principles and mindset within the context of the project team and organization.
- Feature driven development
- Deliver valuable results by producing high-value increments for review, early and often, based on stakeholder priorities. Have the stakeholders provide feedback on these increments, and use this feedback to prioritize and improve future increments.
- Prioritization Techniques
- Concepts such as change for free and money for nothing
- Agile contracts
- Engage current and future interested parties by building a trusting environment that aligns their needs and expectations and balances their requests with an understanding of the cost/effort involved. Promote participation and collaboration throughout the project life cycle and provide the tools for effective and informed decision making.
- Epic , Personas and User stories
- Estimation Techniques - Planning Poker/ Affinity Estimation Technique
- Velocity /Scheduling and Budgeting
- Create an environment of trust, learning, collaboration, and conflict resolution that promotes team self-organization, enhances relationships among team members, and cultivates a culture of high performance.
- Team Building Model and Situation leadership
- Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict Management
Produce and maintain an evolving plan, from initiation to closure, based on goals, values, risks, constraints, stakeholder feedback, and review findings
Continuously identify problems, impediments, and risks; prioritize and resolve in a timely manner; monitor and communicate the problem resolution status; and implement process improvements to prevent them from occurring again.
Continuously improve the quality, effectiveness, and value of the product, the process, and the team.
Frequently Asked Questions on PMI -ACP
General Project Experience
- 12 months of general project experience
- These hours must be earned within the last 5 years
- Active PMP® or PgMP® certification will satisfy this requirement
Agile Project Experience
- 8 months of agile project experience - working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies
- This requirement is in addition to the 12 months required in "general project experience"
- These hours must be earned within the last 3 years
Training in Agile Practices
- 21 contact hours
- Hours must be earned in agile practices
- Register to become a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- This step is optional.
- It costs $139 to become a member, but it saves you $60 on exam fees.
- The standard non-member price to take the exam is $495. The PMI member price for the exam is $435.
- Take our PMI-ACP Exam Prep Course to satisfy the required 21 contact hours (PDUs) education requirement.
- Submit your PMI-ACP application through the PMI website & pay the fee.
- There is no rush to do this step, we will help you with this as part of our PMI-ACP exam prep course and per PMI rules you must complete your 21 hours of training first anyway.
- PMI® will review your application and respond within 3 to 5 business days.
- Once your application is approved you will receive an invitation to pay for and schedule the exam.
- Schedule your exam with Pearson VUE.
- You have one year to take the exam after your application has been approved.
- You may take the exam up to three (3) times during the eligibility period.
- To learn more about the testing centers, please visit Pearson VUE.
- Take and Pass the PMI-ACP Exam
- 1 year to take the exam after your application is approved.
- The PMI-ACP Exam has a total 120 questions (with 100 scored and 20 unscored questions).
- 3 hour time limit.
- The questions are broken down into 7 domains: Agile Principles and Mindset (16%), Value-driven Delivery (20%), Stakeholder Engagement (17%), Team Performance (16%), Adaptive Planning (12%), Problem Detection and Resolution (10%), and Continuous Improvement (9%).
The PMI-ACP® Exam consists of 120 questions which can be categorized into seven domain (20 random questions (called as pre-test) from the 120 questions are not to be counted towards the final score)
All questions are multiple-choice questions with 1 correct answer from 4 choices
The PMI-ACP® Exam lasts for 3 hours
PMI -ACP Certification Price - Member: US$435.00 ,Non-member: US$495.00
Moment you pass you are certified for a 3 year cycle, need 30 PDUs to renew after 3 years.