ITIL 4 Specialist - High Velocity IT
The ITIL® Specialist - High Velocity IT (HIT) course is one of five courses required to achieve ITIL 4's Managing Professional (MP) designation.
As organizations use information and related technologies to do business differently, the ability to rapidly launch new products and services to keep up with the competition becomes critical. To compete in this high-velocity environment, organizations must greatly intensify their agility, speed, cost-effectiveness, and responsiveness.
This three-day course encompasses the ways in which organizations and digital operating models function in high-velocity environments, with a focus on the quick delivery of products and services to gain maximum business value.
This qualification will provide IT practitioners with an understanding of working practices like Agile and Lean, and technical practices and technologies such as cloud, automation, and automatic testing.
The HIT course focuses on these key ITIL 4 practices:
- Architecture management
- Business analysis
- Deployment management
- Service validation and testing
- Software development and management
- Availability management
- Capacity and performance management
- Infrastructure and platform management
- Monitoring and event management
- Problem management
- Service continuity management
- Relationship management
- Service design
- Service desk
- Information security management
- Risk management
- Understand the concepts regarding the high-velocity nature of the digital enterprise, including the demands it places on IT:
- Learn when the transformation to high-velocity IT is desirable and feasible
- Understand the digital product life cycle in terms of the ITIL "operating model"
- Understand the importance of the ITIL guiding principles and the other fundamental concepts for delivering high-velocity IT
- Discover how to contribute to achieving value with digital products
- Learn how the service provider ensures valuable investments are achieved
- Learn how the service provider ensures fast deployment is achieved
- Learn how the service provider ensures resilient operations are achieved
- Learn how the service provider ensures co-created value is achieve
- Learn how the service provider ensures assured conformance is achieved
The ITIL 4 High Velocity IT Exam Details
Material allowed None This is a 'closed book' exam.
The ITIL 4: Create, Deliver and Support publication and the ITIL Practices Guidance documentation should be used for study, but are NOT permitted to be used in the exam.
Exam duration 90 minutes Candidates taking the exam in a language that is not their native or working language may be awarded 25% extra time, i.e. 113 minutes in total.
Number of marks 40 marks There are 40 questions, each worth 1 mark. There is no negative marking.
Provisional Pass mark 28 marks You will need to get 28 questions correct (70%) to pass the exam.
Level of thinking Bloom's levels 2 & 3 "Bloom's level" describes the type of thinking needed to answer the question. For Bloom's 2 questions, you need to show understanding of the concepts, methods and principles of CDS. For Bloom's 3 questions, you need to demonstrate application of these concepts, methods and principles of CDS, as well as information from the related practices
Question types Standard classic, Negative, & List The questions are all 'multiple choice'. For the 'standard classic' questions, you have a question and four answer options. 'Negative' questions are 'standard' question in which the stem is negatively worded. For the 'list' questions, there is a list of four statements and you have to select two correct statements from the list.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is aimed at individuals in management and service management roles who have a responsibility for the above noted practices as well as individuals who want to acquire the ITIL Managing Professional (MP) designation.
Roles may include:
- Customer/User Experience (CX) Managers/Designers
- Account Managers
- Service Delivery Managers
- Service Level Managers
- Enterprise/Service and Solution Architects
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Supplier Relationship Managers
- Vendor Managers
- Contract Managers
For this course you are required to have successfully attained your ITIL 4 Foundation certificate