This course helps you understand how working collaboratively amongst key teams and leveraging automation solutions will result in better business results for your customers.
This certification course aims to provide unique and holistic perspective of DevOps by focusing on changing culture, practices and automation.
The new practices based in the Application Development and Systems Operations areas that can help your organization deliver IT services better, faster and cheaper.
Upon successful completion of DevOps Foundation you will be able to articulate the benefits of implementing DevOps culture, practices and automation at your organization to enable improved quality, higher speed and a reduction in costs, The key learning outcomes are:
- Describe what DevOps is, and what it isn't
- Key performance indicators in terms of culture, practices and automation to determine what it means for your organization
- Explain why DevOps is a solution to problems facing organizations today
- Summarize how the need for more value from IT drives the business towards DevOps
- Summarize the cultural, structural and technological barriers that IT faces when attempting to deliver services at the right quality, speed and cost and why challenges are faced when implementing DevOps in today's organizations
- Explain the basic concept, principles and scope of DevOps, including 'The Three Ways' and accelerators such as Lean and Agile that supported the evolution and emergence of the movement
- Summarize the key cultural values, Service Management, Project Management and Software Development processes and technologies that enable DevOps
- List the ways in which DevOps transforms culture and better organizes people to solve the cultural and structural challenges facing IT
- Explain the way that DevOps structures teams and people within an organization in support of its culture, processes and technologies
- Describe how DevOps practices transform processes, utilizing Lean, Agile and ITSM accelerators to solve the process design problems facing IT
- List the ways in which DevOps transforms and organizes technology through automation and new tools to solve the technological problems facing IT
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This essentials level course is designed for anyone in IT Service Management or Software Development seeking to understand how a DevOps approach can benefit their organization.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
EXAM, CERTIFICATION & AWARDS
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the DevOps Foundation certificate granted by Global Institute of Advance Management Certification (GIAMC)
- Exam is 1 hour; multiple-choice; closed book
- You will receive an exam voucher for the web-based exam, to be scheduled after the course
- 18 PDUs are awarded
Material for this course will only be provided as downloadable soft copy files that can be viewed on a variety of devices.