PRINCE2 (Projects IN Controlled Environments) is a structured project management method based on experience drawn from thousands of projects - and from the contributions of countless project sponsors, Project Managers, project groups, academics, trainers and consultants.
PRINCE2 which is a registered trade mark of the AXELOS LTD is a de facto standard used extensively by the UK Government and is widely recognized and used in the personal sector, both in the UK and internationally.
Key Features of PRINCE2
- Its focus on business justification
- A defined organization structure for the project management group
- Its product-based planning approach
- Its emphasis on dividing the project into manageable and controllable stages. It isa flexible Project Management framework to be applied at a level appropriate to the project
Benefits of PRINCE2
- Promotes consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets; it also facilitates staff mobility and reduces the impact of personnel changes/handovers.
- Is an invaluable diagnostic tool, facilitating the assurance and assessment of project work, troubleshooting and audits.
- Plans are carefully designed to meet the needs of the different levels in the management group, improving communication and control.
- Ensures that participants focus on the viability of the project in relation to its Business Case objectives - rather than simply seeing the completion of the project as an end in itself.
- Defines a thorough but economical structure of reports.
- Ensures that stakeholders (including sponsors and resource providers) are properly represented in planning and decision making.
Overview of Workshop Topics (Foundation)
o Introduction to PRINCE2
o Overview of PRINCE2 Principles, Themes and Processes
― Starting Up a Project
― Initiating a Project
― Controlling a Stage
― Managing Product Delivery
― Managing a Stage Boundary
― Directing a Project
― Closing a Project
― Business Case
o Discussion on Sample Question Papers
o PRINCE found Exam ( in presence of APMG Proctor)
Overview of Workshop Topics (Practitioner)
o Recap of PRINCE2 Principles, Processes and Themes
o Discussion on Management Products
o Benefit Review Plan
o Business Case
o Communication Management Strategy
o Configuration Management Strategy
o Product Description
o Project Brief
o Project Initiation Documentation
o Project Product Description
o Quality Management Strategy
o Risk Management Strategy
o Work Package
o Recap of Management Products
o Management Products - Records and Reports
o 3 Sample case studies
Read more: http://www.pmexpertinc.com/services/trainings/courses/project-management/prince2/Enter your text here...